Haldor Topsøe, a world leader in catalysis and surface science, is pleased to announce the continuation of its Russian PhD Scholarship Programme within: “Heterogeneous Catalysis and Related Materials”.
Topsøe intends to award up to 5 PhD scholarships in 2015. They will include:
• A grant of 300 EURO per month
• Participation in one scientific conference in Europe of own choice
• A trainee period at Haldor Topsøe’s facilities in Denmark
The grants will start on the 1 July 2015 and continue until the PhD thesis is completed or for a period of maximum 2 years. During the grant period, Topsøe will cover the fee of one scientific conference within Europe. Topsøe will cover economy class fare, provide accommodation plus a living allowance of 50 EURO per day during the conference trip and the traineeship at Topsøe’s headquarters. The travel arrangements have to be made through Topsøe Moscow Office.
To qualify for a Topsøe PhD scholarship, the applicant must:
• be enrolled as a PhD-student at a Russian University or Research Institution and have completed at least half an academic year of the PhD study;
• work on a PhD thesis within “Heterogeneous Catalysis and Related Materials”, preferably related to Topsøe’s business areas (see below);
• be fluent in English, in order to get full benefit from the conference trip and the trainee period at Topsøe’s headquarters;
• be a citizen of the Russian Federation.
The winners of the PhD scholarships will be selected by an international jury committee, consisting of renowned university professors and scientists within the field of catalysis. The winners will be selected on the basis of scientific merits. Should several of the applicants be rated equally by the committee, preference will be given to the applicants whose work is of most relevance to Topsøe’s business areas.
Haldor Topsøe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science. We are committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable our customers to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. This focus on our customers’ performance, backed by our reputation for reliability, makes sure we add the most value to our customers and the world.
Topsøe provides a full range of products and services for a broad range of chemical processing, hydroprocessing and emissions management processes.
We supply processes, catalysts, equipment and services for energy efficient, effective, safe, reliable and clean production of ammonia, hydrogen, syngas, methanol, formaldehyde, sulphuric acid, DME and synthetic gasoline. Topsøe is one of the major companies serving these industries worldwide.
For the oil refining industry, Topsøe provides technology, equipment, services and catalysts for easy, reliable, stable and profitable hydrocracking and hydrotreating, contributing to the production of cleaner fuels meeting future environmental standards.
Topsøe emissions management solutions help to meet regulations, reduce pollution and make money from waste. Flue gas cleaning by removal of sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and other environmentally harmful compounds has for long been a key area for Topsøe, for applications ranging from heavy vehicles to large coal-fired power plants.
Topsøe’s unique positions are founded on a long-term commitment to R&D. The company’s in-house R&D effort within catalysis is one of the largest in the world. As part of this commitment, Topsøe has collaborated with many Russian scientific institutions and has awarded 108 PhD scholarships to Russian PhD-students since 1996.
The applications, in English, as well as enclosures, should be sent electronically to Topsøe Moscow Office (Bryusov per., 11, Moscow, 125009; tel.: (495) 956 32 74) att.: the Coordinator of the Topsøe PhD programme, Prof. Anatoly Berenblyum, to vik@Topsøe.ru. The applications must be sent electronically no later than the 31 January 2015.
List of documents to be submitted with the application:
2. Information about the applicant: the name and last name, home address, phone (home, office, mobile); fax; e-mail; the institution name and address; the name and last name of the PhD Department manager, his (her) office phone; name and last name, degree of the scientific adviser, the office phone, fax, e-mail; the dates of the PhD study start and termination.
3. Summary of the PhD work not more than three pages including the PhD-student’s name, the thesis title, the Institution name, the thesis content, the investigation purpose, scientific novelty, received results for the last year (for PhD-students of the second and third years).
4. Detailed study plan for one year including the PhD-student’s name, thesis title, institution name.
5. Publication list.
6. Supervisor recommendation.
7. Official Certificate from PhD Department at your Institute (in Russian) about the PhD study indicating the dates of the PhD study start and termination.
All documents (excluding p. 7) sent to the competition should be in English. The documents to participate in the Topsøe PhD programme should sent by e-mail and combined in one Word file in the order mentioned above.